Monday, May 12, 2008

Times, My first look...


Previously I had used a combination of the Firefox feed bar and iGoogle to keep track of my news feeds, which is quick and easy but to actually read the posts I have to go to the actual site. I know there are some decent news readers out there for the mac but I had never taken them seriously enough to buy one, until now. Times from Acrylic Apps is a brand new, absolutely stunning Leopard news reader that takes advantage of core animation to build a brilliant user experience. No longer are you forced to use readers that look like mail apps, Times makes your reading experience much like reading a news paper, with different 'Pages' for different genres of news and the option to create your own custom pages.

Times costs US$30 is definitely worth it, you can view all the text, images and videos related to the posts. With this application you will no longer have to use a web browser to view blogs and news sites as you can comment posts as well as email and add to various sources such as facebook. Its really hard to explain the kind of experience Times provides, along with the stunning interface and well built features make you wonder why someone hasn't done this before. You really have to try it to fully experience it. Times is available as a free trial for 14 days, but I can almost guarantee you will buy it, unless your a full hardcore netnewswire user or something. Quite frankly, Times is brilliant and I highly recommend it. When you get it, don't forget to add my blog to your feeds :).

No comments: