Friday, May 16, 2008

Google works in mysterious ways?

Don't get me wrong, I love Google, I use just about everyone of their services including blogger but something keeps bothering me. Ok a quick update and what the hell I'm talking about, I'm working on a little cocoa app for blogger codenamed Fern, at the moment it's still almost non-existent as I only get to work on it in between school, work, personal events and making widgets. I'm still learning the basics of cocoa and programming as well as the GData API (and API's in general) so if you know of any good sources of information, let me know :).

At first while testing an early build of Fern I thought it wasnt working becuase when I put the login details for this blog into it, nothing would happen, the same with the example google app that comes with the source for GData. I have a secondary gmail address for random things so I set up a new blog on that account and now the applications work as they should, perfectly. It's like google hasn't registered this blog with my account but yet I can do everything from the web interface. I have searched the options for blogger, gmail, google accounts but cant seem to find anything. I have to do some more research into this but I just thought you guys might like to know this little bit of weirdness in case you come across a similar issue. Stay tuned as I will provide another post once I have fixed the issue. Why make a blogging app if I cant use it to blog??

No comments: